Crystal Live is an excellent Cisco recording solution. Crystal Live provides you with all the recording options you want for Cisco systems. Highlights and benefits of using Crystal Live as your Cisco recording solution include:
- Map View Console - Virtually monitor system running status, call events, and Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Web Based - Enables the ability to access and manage recordings any time anywhere
- Flexible Approach - Allows you to meet a variety of demands including SMB and milti-region organization by providing both passive and active mode recording solutions
- Wave Form - Quickly find the gap for customer service based on energy detecting technology
- Scenario Reconstruction - Presents a complete telephony conversation no matter how many times it was transferred, put on hold, or resumed
- Dynamic License Authorization (DLA) - Saves on license fees
- Lower Server Count - Very high density (up to 512 ch/server) and with CTI server embedded, no additional server is required
- Purchase Options - Turnkey, software only, or assembly kit versions available to meet your needs
- CL Planner - Unified interface enables you to manage your CL recording system and schedule you team working efforts in a logical and easy way
- CL Agent - A client application empowers agents and supervisors to manually start or stop a recording and insert all customer data into the database. Can also be seamlessly integrated into CRM system to be part of the agent application
- PCI DSS Standards - Privately owned algorithm for voice encryption, DTMF mask, SSL based data transfer, and Audit Trail ensure that your CL recorder is the most secure recording system based on PCI DSS standards
- CL Doctor - Dedicated module live monitors system running status, triggers alarms, and locates potential system risks in advance by analyzing data
- Redundancy - Resilience is provided in the form of N+1 and 1+1 redundancy that ensures system availability in the event of any component failure
CIS Map View Console
Similar to electronic maps like Google Maps, all recorders, databases, storage servers, and agents are represented on a graphic map according to their physical geographic locations. Giving you the complete picture of your site and allowing you to live monitor and operate in each point (e.g. in a 911 dispatch center, all police stations equipped with CL recorder will be projected on a screen so that the dispatcher is able to see all calls for police and immediately make a response).
In contact centers, agents make and receive tons of calls every day to handle customer requests regarding complaints, consults, operation processing, and more. Even the most well-trained agent will most likely encounter some intractable issues which will require assistance from a supervisor. When this happens, agents are forced to place the customer's call on hold and contact their supervisor, or conference them into the customer call. In traditional call recording solutions, the conversation is cut into multiple recordings which must be then put through a difficult process to bundle them together for complete conversation retrieval.
Crystal Gears provides Scenario Reconstruction technology to enable you to easily retrieve the multi-calls from the beginning to the end, no matter how many times the call has been placed on hold or transferred. CG marks the original call with, once selected, all related calls and expands them.
Dynamic License Authorization (DLA)
Dynamic license authorization allows you to save money. For example, if you have 100 VoIP extensions but only 30 of them will be activated at the same time you only need to purchase 30 instead of 100 recording licenses. This will allow you to record all of your agents.
CL Planner for Cisco
CL Planner is unlike anything else on the market. With it, there is no need to configure the system by switching between application modules, all regular or random system running actions can be defined in advance based on the system calendar, including:
- Agent shift
- Strategic archive
- System diagnostic
Crystal Live for Cisco Solutions
Passive Mode - By utilizing the SPAN (Switched Port Analyzer) feature on Cisco, all data packets from one port on the switch will be copied to another destination, CL recording system on the network. CL recording system decodes the incoming data packets to reassemble and record the original conversations.
Active Mode - In active mode, the CL Recording system interacts with the Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) and triggers Cisco phones to forward VoIP packets directly to the CL Recorder. In Cisco Case it relies on the forwarding capabilities of the Cisco phone including Built-in-Bridge(BIB) and other IP Phone internal DSP resources.
Hybrid Mode - In case of very high density and availability environments, there will be a CL Data Distributor (CLDD) invoked. CLDD receives all SPAN data packets and filters them, except for VoIP data. CLDD distributes data packets to CL Record intelligently depending on the CL recording server's load (CPU and memory ratio)
Recording on Cisco AXP - To meet the demands of data centralized management for multi-region branch organization, CL recording software is capable of running on the Cisco AXP platform to capture voice packets which are traveling through the Cisco Integrated Service Router (ISR). Audio recordings are then uploaded to the data center during off-peak hours with call information pulled out from CUCM.
Cisco CL Passive Mode
- Applicable for SMB Market
- Simple network configuration - minimal switches needed to be configured and maintained for Packet Mirroring
- Light data traffic - most Cisco switches are unable to handle spanning whole VLAN or all of the ports on the switch correctly when utilization of the switch exceeds 50%. Packets can be lost when exceeding the recommended traffic out of a Span Port. Always verify this for the model switch and the intended SPAN Port configuration
- No additional licenses needed for the CTI part
- Signaling Protocol
- For Cisco integration, CL decodes the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) and extracts the phone's on/off hook events
- It doesn't matter if it is a static IP and DHCP environment, extension number, MAC address, or IP address, only one is needed to map the VoIP data stream to physical agent stations or extensions
- Trunk Side Recording - Captures all inbound and outbound calls and data events including phones A, B, or C to D, E, and F. Note: trunk side solutions will not capture internal calls.
- Station Side Recording - All outbound and inbound calls as well as internal calls will be recorded, however, two NIC cards are required to connect two SPAN ports on Network Switch A and B.
- Alternative to Two NIC Cards in CL Recording Server - RSPAN phone D, E, and F to switch A, create a local SPAN at switch and include phones A, B, C, and the RSPAN info from switch B.
Cisco CL Active Mode
- Resolves Many Limitations
- Network switches do not need to be configured or maintained for the purpose of packet mirroring
- Applicable for large size sites because it does not rely on the capabilities of network switches
- VoIP irrelevant data packets do not need to be filtered first because of the high density per server, creating significant savings on server costs
- Active Mode Features
- Call data provided in SIP header includes:
- Call ID (RefCl), directory number (DN), device name (MAC Address), line display name, and near-end/far-end
- Additional call specific data is retrieved via CTI using Call ID
- Redundancy can be configured using CUCM Route List and /or DNS SRV records
- Call data provided in SIP header includes:
- BIB - Built-in-bridge; IP phone's internal DSP resources. Must be enable on the Cisco phone to mix and transmit stream to destination (CL SIP Emulator)
- JTAPI - CL recording server communicates with CUCM (Cisco Unified Call Manager) through CTI (JTAPI/TAPi)
How Active Mode Works
- A customer calls
- The call is routed to an agent who will handle the call
- Once line appearance is detected, CL recorder initializes a call request to CUCM
- CUCM receives the recording request from CL recorder via CTI (JTAPI). CUCM sends two call setup messages, agent stream and customer stream, to Agent Phone BIB
- CUCM invites CL recorder to both calls via SIP trunk
- SIP Emulator, embedded inside CL recorder, accepts both calls and received RTP streams from Agent BIB
- Call information is extracted from SIP
Cisco CL Hybrid Mode
- CL Data Distributor (CLDD) filters all irrelevant data packets before forwarding them to CL recording server
- To balance the workload, CLDD continuously monitors the working status for all CL recording servers to intelligently forward data packets to the idle server
- Once CLDD detects any failures for CL recording server, packet forwarding to this server will be terminated, and an alarm will automatically be triggered
- CLDD itself can be hot redundant also since packet forwarding is critical to recording
Hybrid Mode Benefits
- Save cost for recording server by
- Intelligently balancing the workload, CL recording servers work more effectively
- Pre filtering data packets reduces workload for CL recording servers, up to 512 ch/server high density recording capability can be achieved
- Increase system availability by
- Self-detects failure of recording server and switches to other available servers automatically
- Supports hot redundant for CLDD
Recording on Cisco AXP
Cisco AXP is a network integrated services platform which enables branches to host and deploy advanced applications directly onto the Cisco integrated services router.
- Linux-based integration environment with downloadable SDK
- Multi-app support: segment and guarantee CPU, memory, disk
- Extensible Cisco CLI with Cisco IOS APIs
- Cisco ISR 1841 2800 3800 series support
More and more organizations expect to increase the number of branches they operate to provide local service for their customers. With the renewed growth of the branch, the need to record interactions with customers at the branch is also on the rise. CL for Cisco is a cost effective solution to centralize recorded audio and management operations and has become a prerequisite for improving the customer experience, ensuring customer loyalty, and maximizing cross-sells and up-sells.
To learn more about recording on your Cisco system with Crystal Live, call or contact us today.