Crystal Gears supports recording of almost all VoIP telephones. CG VoIP installation consists of installing the CG software application on your computer and connecting the interface module (CG VoIP Box) to the network switch, phone base, and PC NIC card, or for recording IP softphones and some VoIP hardphones, like Cisco 7970, 7941 and Yealink SIP phones that support the "Span to PC port" feature, no interface model is needed.
Crystal Gears VoIP Box
The CG VoIP Box acts as a convergence point of a network, allowing the transfer of data packet copies. CG VoIP Box duplicates the data packets received via one port and makes it available to all ports, allowing data sharing between all devices connected to the box. CG decodes the incoming data packets to reassemble the original conversations and record them. Since Crystal Gears works with the most popular IP platforms, it decodes a variety of VoIP protocols and extracts phone on/off hook events which will be translated into searchable call recording start/stop trigger messages, as well as call information such as:
- Caller ID
- Called ID
- Call direction
- Call parking
- Call hold
CG VoIP Highlights
- Provides self-detecting of both protocol and IP address for IP phones, making it easier to setup and configure without IT knowledge or background
- Supports G.711, G.723, G.729, GSM, G.722, and more popular VoIP scenarios
- Supports recording of PoE and non-PoE phones
- Secure recordings: recordings can be paused and resumed in case of any sensitive data in VoIP scenario
- Provides Scenario Reconstruction technology: enables retrieval of multi-calls from the beginning to the end, no matter how many times the call has been held or conferenced
- Full call information support: caller ID, called ID, call direction, etc.
CG VoIP Supported IP Platforms
CG VoIP is available for a wide range of IP platforms including:
- Tadiran Telecom
System Architecture in Different VoIP Scenarios
Span to PC Port
When using softphone, or hardphones that support the "Span to PC port" feature, the CG VoIP Box is not needed. Full call recording information, voice and data, will be captured with the appropriate software license.
CG VoIP Box
The CG VoIP Box is used to record VoIP hardphones. This recording scenario allows full call recording information, both voice and data, to be captured.
To learn more about VoIP recording with Crystal Gears or any of our other recording solutions, please contact us today.